Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Negroid roots of Ireland

Ancient Irish mythology refers to the original inhabitants of the island as being a giant, sea-faring people called the Fomorians (Fomors), which means "dark of the sea". They are said to be of Hamitic stock. These demons, as they are portrayed as, defeated the first few incoming waves of invaders, but could not defeat the Firbolgs, who settled the land and lived side-by-side with the native Fomors.
Two more invasions, the first led by the godly Tuatha de Danaan, and the second by the Celtic Milesians, took control of Ireland, mixing together with the Fomorians until they were no more. Today, it is regarded that these myths may, to some extent, be explaining actual history.
My theory is that the Fomorians were a real people, and that they were sailers from Africa, probably Negroid. I have three suspicions as to who they were exactly.
The most likely of these is that they were Phoenicians. The Phoenicians were Canaanites, which came from the line of Ham. They were also well-known for their sailing skills, and are said to have traveled to the British Isles, which they called the "Tin Islands". Perhaps, before Ireland was a Celtic domain, which it wasn't until a few centuries BCE, the Phoenicians colonized it. The names of these two people even sound similar.
Another idea is that they were Taureg Berbers. The Berber language is Hamitic, and the Berber people live in an area from which travel to Ireland would be easily accessible. The Berbers perhaps set sail from western Morocco, and settled on Ireland before the Celts, making it their new home.
Another Irish legend, similar to that of the Fomorians, tells of Selkies, a sort-of "wereseal" that is a seal during day, but a human by nightfall. Sometimes, in an Irish family of fair-skinned, light-haired people, a child is born with dark hair eyes, and skin, and is called a Selkie.
I believe that those of present-day Irish descent, including myself, an Irish-American, have black roots, and that these features can still be seen in the people and in the culture. In Southern Ireland, some people, refered to as "Black Irish", are noted for their strikingly dark features, as opposed to the fair-skinned, light-haired north.
Although I have pale skin that does not tan well under the sun, I do have negroid facail features, as well as dark brown eyes, and dark brown hair that is sort-of kinky, especailly in moist conditions.
There is also a subrace in Ireland called the Brünn, said to be of the original Irish stock, which have Meditteranean features, especailly their hair.
In addition to all of this, Celtic music is distictly different from the rest of Europe, and comparable to that of African music. There is a legend that an Egyptian princess, Scota, left Egypt with some followers and journeyed to Ireland, as well. Moorish Science Temple founder Drew Ali teaches that Ireland was once part of a Moorish empire, and that the Irish are a Moorish people. Perhaps there is a common root between the "moor" sound in Fomor and the word Moor?
Because of all of this, I am convinced that there is at least some black admixture in the Irish population. What do you think?

Messages In This Thread

Negroid roots of Ireland
Re: Negroid roots of Ireland
The Myth of the Hamite
Re: The Myth of the Hamite
Re: Negroid roots of Ireland *LINK*

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.