Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: Irish Slavery
In Response To: Irish Slavery ()

Was there any answer to David´s request last October for ´´the sources of your information´´?
I am interested in this subject and would like to see some support for your claims. If there is no reliable evidence then it will weaken the wider claim of what happened during the whole period. I asked an Irish University Professor of History (Canny, at Galway) for any recommended books on Irish slavery in the 17th century, and he replied that there wasn´t any slavery, that there was ´indentured labour´ which he acknowledged was not a happy life, and that what happened in relation to this at the time of Cromwell was a one-off. I think he may be under-playing its extent but would like to get strong sources.

Regards,
Donnchadh

Messages In This Thread

Irish Slavery
Re: Irish Slavery *LINK*

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.