Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Re: The brown condor
In Response To: Re: The brown condor ()

I have a great photo of Col. John C. Robinson taken with my Father (also Peter Maxfield, RAF Sergeant) in January 1946 at Addis Ababa outside the Meteorological Office at Bole Aerodrome. John took my Dad up for a joyride in "The Cessna", which I presume was one of the two IEAF Cessna Bobcats, one of which was converted for V.I.P.use, the remains of which were still at Bischoftu (Debre Zeit) in the mid '90s. On the back Dad's written: 'Col. Robinson USAAF. Haile Selassie's personal pilot'. He's wearing a shield-shaped chest patch with the Lion of Judah (reverse of usual direction) on.
My Dad wrote two books of diaries of his time in the RAF 1942 - 1947, which I've just finished transcribing with a view to publishing. I'd like to colourize this photo for the cover. Anyone know what colour John's eyes were? Or what the C. stands for? Cleveden, like the Civil War Colonel?
Best wishes, Pete Maxfield.

Messages In This Thread

The brown condor

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.