Africa Speaks
TrinidadandTobagoNews
AmonHotep
Trinicenter
Homepage
RaceandHistory
Race and HistoryNews and Views
Terms of Service | Translator | Nubian School | Channel Africa | Recommended Books

Articles Archive: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6

Race and History Forum

Patriotism?Just White Nationalism

Alafia Ndugu.

This so-called patriotism (which is really more arrogance than patriotism) will not last as long as we think it will. Sooner or later, Afrikan men in America will continue to be police profiled, Afrikan children in America will have their intellect questioned, Afrikan nations will continue to be destabilized for no clear reason other than greed.

It is straight hypocritical for this media to make it appear as if all is well here other than this tragic event. For those with either short memories or no inclination toward history, what happened to Afrikan people in this country AFTER the nation was rallied to 'defend democracy' in World War One??? What happened to Afrikan people in this country after the 'great nazi threat' was put down in World War Two???

Hypocrisy has NEVER been as blatant and at the same time as misleading as it has been in the last few days.

Am I being callious toward those families that may have lost loved ones in this 'mess'???

That would be up to those that read this. But i will never be drawn into some false sense of American patriotism and forget what has happened and continues to happen to certain groups of people in this nation.

And to think, there are capitalists out there making millions feeding people's so-called patriotism.

Interestingly, those whites that find themselves roaming streets with bats and sticks looking for some "foreigner" to exact vengeance upon are the very same ones that don't want to be lumped together with the sins of their slave-holding fore fathers and mothers.

I can hear them now: "I didn't have anything to do with slavery. Why should i pay???"

Tarikh Tehuti Bandele

Trinicenter Int. | Africa News Links | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

RaceandHistory.com is a 100% non-profit Website.